Skip to main content

Back in Harness



I'm back, after attending the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland in Edinburgh, which consisted of seven very full days of Debate and Deliberation. I return to Glasgow, refreshed and full of hope and bright ideas. However the more mundane concerns of a Fabric Convenor are not very far away. The fine weather has caused the grass (and dandelions) to burst forth and a new Gardener is required   ---- Pronto!
The Plant Sale takes place on Saturday 5th.June.  Help!
SO I need to get a move on and find someone--   failing that; the Fabric Team will be out cutting and strimming.
Bright ideas will have to be put on hold for a little while yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Treasures!

Guess Where? Any answers? I'll post later. For now enjoy. Oh! and the work is still continuing on schedule.

Catch Up!

August Garden Parties

At KH there has been a tradition of having a Garden Party (or parties!) to allow members and friends to come together at the appropriate time to carry out essential works in the garden grounds. Yesterday was one of those days, and the rain did stop and the sun did come out! Firstly, many thanks to those who turned out and contributed their time and energy, and special thanks to Ann Shill for the yummy sandwiches. Our youngest labourer took great delight in sowing the seeds of the Wildflower Meadow, showing great interest in the different sizes and colours of seed, while Mum raked and prepared the ground! Office-bound workers enjoyed their blisters (I hope) proof of their hard work - and a chance for my new First Aid Kit to be used. And what was very pleasant was being able to actually do a little proper gardening apart from just the hard work of cutting grass and hedges! New gardeners were surprised at just how extensive the grounds actually are. Alas; because of Parked c...